For this assignment, I used the wide angle lens on my phone’s camera. Once I found the object that I wanted to photograph, I had to experiment with getting as close as I could and tapping on the screen to get the image in focus. After a couple of tries, I found the right distance where I could keep the photo clear.
To recreate this project I would suggest having a sturdy base for your camera. I didn’t realize how shaky my hand was until I was zoomed in on something super close.
My other tip would be to take some time to experiment with distances and focusing.
- Point you camera in the desired object.
- Use wide angle if available.
- Place camera as close as possible to the object and try to focus.
- If unable to focus, move away slightly and try to focus again.
- Repeat step 4 until you achieve focus and the desired results.